At The Davies Law Firm, LLC, we have developed a team approach that surrounds you with caring, qualified legal professionals who create highly personalized legal strategies for your case. Our priority is to provide the best possible framework to obtain your desired outcome, whether you are going through a difficult divorce or have just suffered the damaging effects of a car accident.
Attorney Kathleen S. Davies opened The Davies Law Firm, LLC in 2009 out of a desire to help others who are going through difficult times. A skilled trial lawyer with a master’s degree focusing on negotiations, Ms. Davies enjoys working with clients to help them achieve their best possible outcome through collaboration, mediation, pre-trial negotiations, or trial.
Prior Education and Legal Experience
After obtaining her law degree from the University of Florida, Ms. Davies served as an Assistant State Attorney in Miami, Florida. After trying numerous homicide cases, Ms. Davies distinguished herself and was promoted to serve as a Division Chief. During her five years under the guidance of Janet Reno, she honed her trial skills, maintaining integrity and deep care for her clients. After that, Ms. Davies served as an Assistant United States Attorney in Washington, D.C., where she prosecuted public corruption and gang homicide cases for ten years. During her fifteen years as a prosecutor, Ms. Davies tried more than 100 jury trials to a verdict.
After taking some time away from law practice to teach law school in Kaliningrad, Russia as a Fulbright Scholar, Ms. Davies returned to the United States to study at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government under the tutelage of David Gergen. Upon graduation, she was honored with the designation of Littauer Fellow in recognition of her leadership and academic excellence.
Ms. Davies returned to Washington, D.C., after obtaining her master’s degree to work on a class action lawsuit against “Big Tobacco.” Shortly after that, anxious to return home to be closer to her family, Ms. Davies decided to return to Florida. Upon moving to Orlando, she focused on helping people in the civil arena. After training under several top-notch personal injury lawyers, Ms. Davies decided to open her firm, where she could take Personal Injury and Family Law cases and give her clients the white-glove treatment they deserved.
Committed to Excellence in Family Law and Personal Injury Law
As founder and manager of The Davies Law Firm, LLC, Ms. Davies gives her clients her undivided attention. Through her thorough preparation and legal tenacity, she has garnered the respect of colleagues and judges. She is fair-minded and solutions-oriented, always trying to serve her clients well. Clients appreciate her straightforward approach in explaining legal options and strategizing to obtain the best possible outcome for them.
Ms. Davies is always prepared to protect her client’s rights and represent their best interests. As a trained collaborative lawyer, she embraces the idea that many family law problems are handled most effectively at the negotiating table, where the parties can craft an agreement that best serves their purposes. However, as a skilled trial attorney, she also understands that some cases will only achieve optimal results through a trial.
Although we have handled hundreds of Family Law and Personal Injury cases, we understand that each comes with unique circumstances. That is why we listen carefully to each client’s story and help prioritize objectives before creating a strategy to help them achieve their goals.
At The Davies Law Firm, LLC, we understand how going through a divorce or suffering a severe injury in an accident can leave you with many questions and make you nervous about your future. We will be glad to review the facts of your case, explain your options, and help you take the first steps toward starting your new life.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, Juris Doctorate, 1987
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2003
Honors: Lucius Littauer Award for Scholastic Achievement and Public Service
Major: Public Administration
- Oxford University, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford, England, Summer Program, 1985
- The University of Florida, College of Journalism, Gainesville, Florida
B.S., Bachelor of Science – 1984
- Florida, 1987
- Littauer Fellow for high scholastics and leadership at Harvard, 2002 -2003
- Fulbright Scholar to Russia, 1999 – 2000
- Brevard County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Central FL Family Law Inn of Court, Master, Present
- Seminole County Inn of Court, Master, Present
- Vassar B. Carlton Inn of Court, Master, Present
Classes & Seminars:
- Lecturer, taught workshops on criminal law for judges in Moscow and St. Petersburg, Russia, U.S. Department of Justice, 1998
- Guest Lecturer, taught trial advocacy to third-year law students, Harvard Law School Trial Advocacy Program, 1993
- Trial Skills, Fulbright, 1999 to 2000
- Rule of Law, Dept. of Justice, 1998 to 1999
- Todd E. Copeland & Associates, Chief of Litigation, 2007 to 2008
- The Nation Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2006
- Cohen, Milstein, Hausfeld and Toll, Of-Counsel, 2005
- U.S. Attorney’s Office, Assistant United States Attorney, 1992 to 2002
- William J. Fulbright Association, Fulbright Scholar, 1999 to 2000
- Dade County State Attorney’s Office, Assistant State Attorney, 1987 to 1992
- Dade County State Attorney’s Office, Division Chief